Past Events - Researcher Development
NOTE: All university wide, national and regional events are listed in our blog - the word. For all past events dated from January 2011 to present, visit our new Graduate & Researcher Development website and use the search articles facility.
January - May 2010
- Making a successful research grant proposal - 21-22 May 2010, Buckinghamshire (Details on Vitae website)
- CEEBL Dissemination and Writing for Publication, Dr Peter Kahn - 12 May, 13.00-16.00, C24 Sackville Street Building
- Research Staff Conference: 'IMPACT' - 11 May 2010, Chancellors Conference Centre - Registration Now Open!
- The Challenges of Collaborative Work in the Academy - 29 April 2010, London (Details on Vitae website)
- BBSRC Workshop: Business Training for Scientists - 21 April 10, Core Technology Facility. Hosted by UMIC and UMIP.
- Dialogue Academy - 20-21 April & 14 June 10, Centre for Life, Newcastle
- MATLAB and Simulink Seminar - 13 April 10, 9.30, Lecture Theatre B, Roscoe Building
- Northern Enterprise Schools - Durham 29 March - 1 April 10
- Vitae Advancing in academia - 29 March 2010, Manchester. Visit Vitae event page.
- Sense About Science: Standing Up For Science Media - 19 March 10, Manchester
- Vitae: Project Management in the Real World - 18-19 March 10, Preston
- Vitae Maximising your academic career: Personal development workshops for women researchers in science, engineering and technology - 17 March 10, Manchester. Visit Vitae event page.
- Want to be a NOISEmaker? - Applications close: 17 March 2010.
- Vitae Digital researcher: Managing your networks and building your profile - 15 Mar 2010, British Library, London. Visit Vitae event page.
- Sense About Science: Research: publishing it, reviewing it & talking about it publicly - 5 Mar 2010, Sussex University (Applications close: 19 Feb 2010)
- Fresh Science - Wanted: Early career researchers wanted to help with e-CPD for teachers
- I'm a Scientist 2010 - registration now open.
- Researchers into Management programme - Introductory event - 22 Feb 2010 / Applications close - 8 March 2010
- EPSRC Visit: Writing Impact Plans - you can register for the Thu 11 Feb afternoon session or the Fri 12 Feb morning session. More details and registration here.
- Vitae Broadening horizons: career management for research staff - 9 & 10 Feb 2010, Novotel, Edinburgh Park. Visit Vitae event page.
- Royal Society Grants and Fellowship Schemes - 24 Feb 2010, Lancaster. Visit the Lancaster website.
- British Science Festival The Award Lectures 2010 (Applications close 26 Feb 2010.) Visit the British Science Association website.
- British Science Association Media Fellowships 2010 (Applications close: 2 Mar 2010). Visit the British Science Association website.
- Researchers in Residence: Information Session - 20 Jan 2010, 12:00 - 13:00, University Place 3.214. This short information session gives you all you need to know about the Researchers in Residence scheme, meet the regional coordinator and hear from past participants.
October - December 2009
- Researcher Development: Pick and Mix Development Day - 11 December 2009, University Place. A day for Research Staff within the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences. Come to whichever sessions suit you, or come just for the lunch or reception!
- UMIP Drop-in Clinics for Engineering & Physical Sciences Researchers - Every Wed, 14:00 - 17:00, Sackville Street Building, B15 - Come along to UMIP's informal Drop-in IP Clinics and talk to the experts about UMIP services, intellectual property, copyright, trademarks, patents and more.
- How to be an effective researcher for research staff - 8-9 Dec 09, Liverpool - A two-day, non-residential programme which explores the process of becoming a more independent research manager and leader, including the practical skills required for successful project management, and the further development of intellectual independence..
- The Royal Society Funding Opportunities - 26 Nov 09, 11.30-13.00, University of Liverpool - Royal Society representatives will discuss with Research Staff the Fellowships and other funding opportunities that are available through their schemes
- BBSRC mission, Fellowships and funding opportunities - 17 Nov 09, 11.30-14.15, University of Liverpool - BBSRC representatives will discuss with Research staff the Fellowships and other funding opportunities that are available from the Council. This extended lunchtime session will also include presentations explaining the Council’s vision and research strategy.
- Beacon Public Engagement Network Lunch Programme at Salford - Autumn 2009 - Come and meet like-minded champions of public engagement and enjoy a free lunch! Don't miss out on these valuable networking opportunities.
- Manchester Beacon Summit Week 2009 - Communication training, networking and sharing opportunities.
- Working to the strengths of your personality - 18 Nov 09, 09:30 - 17:00 - This session will provide an insight into your personality type using Myer Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and how this affects your approach to dealing with different people, situations and issues. By considering your personal preferences and understanding how others are different you will gain an insight into working most effectively with a range of people and situations.
- EPS Faculty Public Engagement Networking Lunch - 6 Nov 09, 12:00 - 14:00, Kanaris Lecture Theatre, Manchester Museum - EPS Researchers are invited to attend this event, to enjoy a networking lunch and find out more about the public engagement activities taking place across the Faculty.
- Vitae - Research staff conference - 5 Nov 09, London - A one-day national conference that will bring together research staff representatives from across institutions and disciplines to discuss the researcher experience.
- Introduction to News Media Workshop: The Science Media Centre - 4 Nov 09, The Royal Institution, London - The Science Media Centre invites scientists and engineers with little or no media experience to a free workshop 'Introduction to the News Media'.
- Manchester Science Festival 2009 - 24 Oct - 1 Nov 09 - The Manchester Science Festival aims to enthuse and inspire everyone about science, technology and engineering. There'll be a packed programme of events and activities for all throughout Manchester from the 24 October - 1 November 2009.
- Turbocharging your writing: getting your research out there quicker, Hugh Kearns - 23 Oct 09 - This regional course will teach you how to maximise your writing output and how to overcome obstacles that reduce your writing productivity.
- Elsevier Author Workshop: How to Publish a World Class Paper - 20 Oct 09, 10:00 – 12:00, Sackville Street Building - Elsevier is hosting an author workshop for early career scientists, offering practical tips which may help you to publish manuscripts in leading international journals.
- EPS Lay Summary Writing Competition: 250 words about your research could mean £200 - Submission Deadline: 16 Oct 09- As a researcher, it is essential to communicate your research to as wide an audience as possible. Through our lay summary writing competition we challenge you to write a 250 word summary of your research that is understandable to someone who is not an expert in your specialised subject field. In return you could win prizes up to £200.
- Practical creativity: putting all of your brain to good use! - 15 Oct, 09:30 - 17:00 - Whether you're a member of research or academic staff, you'll want to establish practical, creative habits that allow you to innovate, to solve problems and to collaborate positively. Throw into that mix the fact that any research project is an exercise in creative problem solving and that every funding bid or publication requires novelty, and it soon becomes clear that researchers benefit from the ability to come up with new and workable ideas.
- Vitae Research Staff Blog: Call for contributors - get training, get paid, get writing - Vitae is recruiting core contributors for their research staff blog, which will be launched in October 2009. The remit of the blog will be career, professional and personal development of researchers. To ensure a lively multi-author site we are looking for a team of bloggers to post.
- Didsbury SciBar - Putting science into fiction: why bother? Ann Lingard - 28 Sept 09, 18.30, Pitcher & Piano, School Lane, Didsbury - Ann, founder of the resource for writers, scitalk, will challenge the idea that science in fiction can be 'too difficult' and will suggest that 'putting some science into fiction' (subtly) provides a challenge and inspiration -- and above all, fun! -- for writers, collaborating scientists -- and for readers too.
- Manchester Science Festival 2009 and The British Science Association - call for volunteers - The British Science Association are holding a number of events as part of Manchester Science Festival (only two weeks to go!). We are looking for some volunteers to help us out. If you are free for a few hours and would be willing to come along.
- Researchers into Management - Introductory event 24 Sept 09, 12:00 - 14:30. (Applications Close: 1 Oct 09) - This accredited course gives research staff a theoretical and practical framework for developing excellence in managing and leading.
- Digital Storytelling Workshop: sharing your research story and influencing future engineers - 23, 29 30 Sept 09, The University of Salford - Being able to construct a good narrative is useful with all communication, from filling in a grant application form to talking clearly at a conference. One of the most powerful ways of delivering a message is to tell a story. So if you are you interested in improving your communication skills and raising your profile then this free, 3-day workshop might be just be for you.
- Incite Newsletter - Call for Editors - The Research Staff Skills Training Newsletter needs you! The Research Office is seeking one volunteer from each of the EPS and Humanities Faculties to join an editorial team to lead on the compilation of the University's Research Staff Skills Training newsletter - Incite.
- British Science Association, Manchester Group Meeting - 16 Sep 09, 5.30pm, Kro Bar, Oxford Road, Manchester - Meetings are open to anyone with an interest in promoting science communication. You do not need to confirm your attendance - just turn up on the night and feel free to bring along anyone else who would like to get involved.
- How to be an effective researcher for research staff - 15-16 Sept 09, Manchester - A two-day, non-residential programme which explores the process of becoming a more independent research manager and leader, including the practical skills required for successful project management, and the further development of intellectual independence...
- Joshua Phillips Award for Innovation in Science Engagement, 2009 - Call for nominations - This award recognises and nutures the finest practitioners in science engagement. Presented as part of the Manchester Science Festival. Applications close 14 September 2009...
- Focus on Teaching & Learning: New Academics Programme - 10 & 11 Sept 09, 9:15 - 16:30, Humanities, Bridgeford Street - An overview to teaching and learning, delivered as a series of sessions, deliberately delivered in different styles to encourage reflection on teaching styles. Topics include teaching and learning, assessment and evaluation, enhancement of the student experience, intercultural issues and the ethical and empathic practitioner.
- Didsbury SciBar Publicity Officer - Volunteer Role - The Didsbury SciBar planning team are looking for a publicity officer who can work to actively publicise the sessions locally, with the aim of reaching a new audience. Getting involved would be a great way of pursuing an interest in science communication, gaining practical skills and experience along the way.
- Manchester Science Festival 09 - Schools' Programme - Call for Speedy Science activities taking place 20 & 21 Oct 09 - As part the MSF09 we are seeking enthusiastic and creative people who work within the field of science to deliver hands-on, engaging demonstrations or activities related to their work lasting a maximum of 10 minutes. Ideally you will have experience of working with the public and school students, be a good communicator and have great ideas for delivering activities...
- Manchester Science Festival 09 - Science Busking Call for volunteers - Your chance to work with busk with the Science Made Simple at the Manchester Science Festival 2009 ...
- School Science Clubs (SHINE Project; British Science Association) - Call for volunteers 2009 - The British Science Association is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to work in after school science clubs in primary schools across Greater Manchester.
- Manchester Beacon Science Festival Awards - Funding Call - The Manchester Beacon is offering four grants (£500 each) to researchers interested in developing community events for the Manchester Science Festival.
- British Science Association: perspectives national poster competition - 7-9 Sept 09 - Finalists Posters Display, British Science Festival, Guildford (Applications Close: 8 May 09) - A poster session with a difference, is a chance for you to discuss your research with a non-specialist audience. Attend an interactive training day – learn about poster design and sharpen your communication skills. Then present your poster at the British Science Festival in September, at the University of Surrey in Guildford. Cash prizes are awarded by a panel of expert judges...
- Didsbury SciBar: Saving Frogs - 31 Aug 09, 6:30pm, Pitcher & Piano, School Lane, Didsbury - Didsbury SciBar brings top scientists together with the general public to chat about a wide range science topics. This month's talk is presented by Andrew Gray, Curator of Herpetology, The Manchester Museum...
- British Science Association Manchester Group: MSF09 Quiz Planning - 29 July 09, 17.30, Kro (opp the Academy on Oxford Road) - A planning meeting for the quiz as part of the Manchester Science Festival...
- Vitae - Leadership (residential course) - 28-31 July 2009, Ambleside - A three-day residential course exploring and developing researchers' leadership skills through experiential learning ...
- Didsbury SciBar "Can Humans Regrow Limbs" - 27 July 09, 18.30, Pitcher & Piano, 1d School Lane, Didsbury - Will humans ever be able to regrow limbs? Come along to find out and get involved in an interactive discussion with Prof Enriqe Amaya of The University of Manchester...
- Vitae - Researcher careers and recession - 13 July 2009, Manchester - A one-day event that will enable researchers to think about the economic climate within which they are operating and to consider what impact it might have on their career ...
- Junior Cafe Scientifique: Information & Training Day - 10 July 2009, 10:00am, G50 Stopford Building, The University of Manchester - Junior Café Sci is a really easy way for researchers to get involved in public engagement. Come along to the information and training day to find out more...
- Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2009 - 30 June to 4 July 09, London. The second annual Research to Enterprise Summit aims to raise the awareness of enterprise at the university among research students and staff from all faculties. Last years highly successful event attracted more than 500 people.
- Researchers in Residence Rural Schools Scheme - June and July 2009. Training Day: 29 April 09. Would you be interested in joining a group of researchers and enthusing pupils in a rural school about your subject?
- Careers in Research Online Survey (CROS) 2009 - 13 March - 30 June 09. Help shape instrumental changes in the University's provision for Research Staff by taking 15 minutes to complete the confidental Careers In Research Online Survey (CROS) 2009. Results are compared with other institutions around the country. Make your views known and help make a difference at Manchester.
- Graduate Recruitment Fair (including the PhD and Researcher Career Zone) - Wednesday 17 June, 10:30 - 16:00, Armitage Centre, Fallowfield, Manchester. The British Science Association are launching a new Manchester-based group and are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to share their science with others.
- British Science Association, Manchester Group Launch - Thursday 11 June, 17:30 - 19:00 Kro Bar, Oxford Road, Manchester. The British Science Association are launching a new Manchester-based group and are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to share their science with others.
- Research to Enterprise Summit - Tuesday 9 June 09, Lecture Theatre B, University Place. The second annual Research to Enterprise Summit aims to raise the awareness of enterprise at the university among research students and staff from all faculties. Last years highly successful event attracted more than 500 people.
- Vitae - Careers in Focus: Academia - Monday 8 June 2009, The Studio, Birmingham. Are you considering your career options? Are you thinking about where you’d like to be… next year… in five years time? Do you want to continue working in an academic environment? Here’s your chance to find out what really is involved, what skills and strengths it will take to succeed, and to decide if this is the career for you.
- Vitae - Advancing in Academia - 1 June 2009, Conference Aston, Lakeside Centre, Birmingham. An interactive one-day event that provides research staff with the opportunity to explore and develop some of the skills, knowledge, experience and attributes required to advance an academic career ...
- CEEBL - Engaging students in large cohorts: an EBL approach - 27 May 09, 12:00 - 16:30, C24 Sackville Street Building. In an age of 'mass education' how can the more interactive and personalised forms of learning be delivered to large cohorts of students? A number of approaches to this dilemma are shared...
- CEEBL - EBL Skills Development and Life Long Learning - 20 May 09, 12:00 - 16:30, C24 Sackville Street Building. This workshop focuses on how Enquiry-Based Learning can be used as a tool to equip students with the necessary skills for successful life long learning. This facilitated session will draw upon staff and students who have worked with EBL across Faculties and using Cultural Assets...
- Dissemination and Writing for Publication - 13 May 09, Presented by Peter Kahn, University of Liverpool, hosted by CEEBL. This workshop will take a hands-on approach to ensuring wider awareness, understanding and take-up of projects that develop learning and teaching. It begins by addressing issues around disseminating such activity, then focusing more specifically on dissemination through writing for publication...
- Faculty of Life Sciences Open Day: Prospective Fellowships- Monday 11 May 09 (Applications close 27 Feb 09). An opportunity for prospective fellows to speak with senior representatives from the funding agencies (e.g. BBSRC, MRC, Wellcome Trust) about fellowship schemes, and to discuss the longer term career prospects for fellows in FLS with senior academic staff...
- Digital Storytelling - Free Workshops for Engineers - 7, 14 and 21 May 09, Salford University. In this 3-day workshop, Barrie Stephenson of digistories will guide the participants through making their own stories, including effective communication, voice recording and photograph/film editing techniques...
- UMIP Knowledge Transfer Forum: "How to assess the commercial value of research - 1 May 09, 12.15-13:15, Michael Smith Building. An informal Knowlege Transfer forum for researchers. Come along to this lunchtime session and find out how UMIP can help you, engage with other researchers interested in IP, and look at ways in which to assess the commercial value of your research...
- Venture Further Competition - Deadline: 27 April 09. Got an inspired business idea? Put it into a business plan and submit it to this competition for prizes up to £8,000...
- Researchers of Tomorrow - Focus Groups Sought - 27 or 28 April 09, British Library, London. The British Library/JISC study 'Researchers of Tomorrow: A three year study tracking the research behaviour of 'Generation Y' doctoral students' will examine the information-seeking and research behaviour of doctoral students born 1982-1994...
- FlyingStart Programme: 'Women in Science' for final year students, postgraduates and graduates, 22-24 April 09, School of Business, University of Surrey (Application deadline: 21 April 09)
- Applying for Fellowships - 9:30 - 12:30, 3 April 2009, Sackville Street Building, 13GD
- Mock Review - 3 April 2009, 13:15 - 16:00, Sackville Street, G13D
- Vitae North West Researcher Futures Conference - 3 April 2009, Lancaster University, Management School
- NESTA FameLab 2009: Share you scientific passion with the world! Upload a video entry or enter the Regional Heat for Manchester - 4 April 09. Grand Final - 5 June 09, Cheltenham
- Managing Research Relationships - 31 March 2009, 9:00 - 17:00, Sackville Street Building, C24
- Standing up for Science: Media Workshop - 27 March 2009, Manchester (Application closing date: 13 March 2009)
- UMIP Knowledge Transfer Forum: "How to assess the commercial value of research" - 24 March 2009, 12:15-13:15, Sackville Street Building, G13d
- Building a Funding Portfolio - 23 March 2009, 14:00 - 17:00, Renold Building, E1
- Career Review Clinics: Materials / MACE - 20 March 2009, 13:00 - 16:00, Sackville St Building, D41
- Building & Sustaining Research Networks for Women in SET - 20 March 2009, University of Reading
- Introduction to Teaching and Learning - 13 March 09, 9.30-16.30, STDU, Humanities Bridgeford Street Building
- Beat the Time-Stealers - 13 March 09, 9:30-12:00, Sackville St Building, C24
- Enhancing assessment and feedback: an evidence-based response - 11 March 09, 12.30-16.30, Sackville Street Building, C24
- Starting a Business - 10 March 2009, 9:30 - 12:30, Zochonis Building, BCU, Lower Ground Floor
- UMIP Knowledge Transfer Forum - "IP and Dissemination, Is There A Conflict?" - 27 February 09, 12.15-13.15, Michael Smith Building
- Crucible 2009 - Application Deadline: 30 Jan 09
- Academic Writing Skills for Research Staff - 27 January 2009, 14:00 - 16:00, Pariser Building,G22
- UMIP Knowledge Transfer Forum - IP and Dissemination, Is there a Conflict? - 26 January 12.15 - 13.15, George Begg, C1
- IOM3 - Boost your Career in Science and Engineering - 21 January 2009, London
- The Manchester Leadership Programme is now offering a pilot 'MLP for Researchers' for Research Staff and Doctoral Researchers. Deadline for applications: 16 January 2009
- Fellowship Application Support for short-listed candidates - 12 January and 19 January, 15:30 - 17:00, Sackville Street Building, C24
- Research Computing Services courses (Linux, HPC, Latex, AVS/Express, Matlab and more) - Running from Oct 08 - Jan 09
- Interdisciplinary Sustainable Development - now recruiting new post-doc facilitators for January 2009
- CEEBL - Ready, Steady, Learn! - 17 December 2008, 12:00 - 16:30, C24 Sackville Street Building
- John Rylands Library - Skills Focus Group - 8 December 2008, 12:00 - 13:00
- Communication masterclass - 11 December 08, 9:30-17:00, Sackville Street Building, C24
- CEEBL - Personalised Learning Series: Assessment for Learning - 26 November 2008, 12:00 - 16:30, C24 Sackville Street Building
- UMIP Premier Fund Masterclass: Free event about entrepreneurial activity - 25 November 2008, 15:00 - 17:00, Renold Theatre F14
- Market yourself better at interviews - 19 November 08, Careers Service, Crawford House, Ground Floor
- CV Clinics - 22 October 08, 13:00-15:00, Careers Service, Crawford House, Ground Floor
- Personal impact and confident networking - 13 October 08, 9:00-17:00, Humanities Bridgeford Street, STDU Training Rooms 3-4
- UMIP Best Practice Seminar: Consulting and the rewards it can bring you - 13 October 2008
- Carbon Crucible - Innovating for a Low Carbon Society, Professional and personal leadership programme. Hosted by UKERC and NESTA - Application Deadline: 13 Oct 2008
- Stand & Deliver: giving presentations at conferences - 10 October 08, 9:00-17:00, Humanities Bridgeford Street, STDU Training Rooms 3-4
- Introduction to the News Media - 29 September 2008 at the Royal Institution in London from 1pm to 5pm
- Market yourself better at interviews - 18 September 08, 13:00-15:00, Crawford House, room 5.7
- Fellowship Application Support: swap-shop for writing the general-level summary - Thu 4 Sept 08, 13:00-14:45, Sackville Street Building, H8. (Read the post workshop report for handy tips and advice)
- Working positively with difference - Thu 21 August 2008, 9:15-16:30, Sackville Street Building, C24 Seminar Room.
- Getting the best out of yourself and others - Wed 20 Aug & Tue 23 Sept 08, 9:15-16:30, Sackville Street Building, C24 Seminar Room
- CV Clinics - Fri 15 August 2008, 13:00-15:00, Careers Service, Crawford House, room 5.7 (on the fifth floor)
- Researcher Development Day 08 : Making the most of your potential - Thu 10 July 2008, 8:45 - 17:15, Chancellors Hotel & Conference Centre.
- Who Owns Science? - Sat 5 July, 16.30-19.00, University Place Theatre A.
- Career Review Clinics for Chemistry (Prof Christopher Whitehead) - 3 July 2008 (pre-interviews 26 June)
- Workshop for Women in Science & Technology: Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI) - Sat 28 June, Wythenshawe Hall, Manchester.
- Research to Enterprise Summit (Hosted by MSEC) - 17 June 08, 18:00, Whitworth Building
- Academic Writing in Focus - Error and Inaccuracy - 17 June 08, 13:30 -14:00
- Pathways: Career Options for PhDs and Research Staff - 13 & 16 June 08, Renold Building
- Stress Management, 11 June 08, 13:30 – 16:00 (Hosted by Humanities, to register email: Nicola.Sheehan@manchester.ac.uk)
- Starting a Business: unlocking the value of new technology - 29 May 2008, 13:30 -17:00 (Presented by MSEC)
- Negotiating Skills - 28 May 08, 13:00 - 17:00 (Hosted by Humanities)
- Critical Thinking - 16 May 2008, 14:00 - 16:00 (Presented by Dr Adrian West, Director of Information Technologies for the Edward de Bono Foundation in the UK)
- Writing for Non-Academic Audiences - 13 May 2008, 13:30 - 16:00
- Applying for Fellowships - 7 May 2008, 9:30 - 16:00
- UMIP Commercialisation Seminar Series: Research Contracts - Intellectual Property & Licensing to Industry - 8 May 08, 9:30-12:00, Core Technology Facility (CTF). More details at the UMIP website
- Creating Ideas - 6 May 2008, 13:30 - 17:00 (Presented by MSEC)
- WiSET: "What about Research?" - 1 May 2008, 4-6pm, Entrance Hall, Sackville Street Building
- Career Review Clinics for Chemistry (Prof Christopher Whitehead) - 30 April 2008 (pre-interviews 18 April)
- Networking - 24 April 2008, 10:00-12:00 (Presented by MSEC)
- Standing Up For Science Media Workshop - 18 April 08 (Applications Close: 28 March 08). For more details download the flyer or visit the Voice of Young Science website.
- Career Review Clinics for SEAES (Prof Colin Hughes) - 15 April 2008 (pre-interviews 8 April)
- UMIP Commercialisation Seminar: Copyright Implications of How it Affects What You Do - 28 March 08. More details at the UMIP website.
- Building a Research Funding Portfolio - 12 March 2008, 9:15 - 12:00
- Academic Writing Skills for Research Staff - 3 March 2008, 13:30 - 16:00
- Starting a Business: unlocking the value of new technology - 7 Feb 2008
- Career Review Clinic - Physics & Astronomy (Prof Helen Gleeson) - 13 Feb 2008 (pre-interview 6 Feb)
- Career Review Clinic - CEAS, (Prof Peter Heggs) - 31 Jan 2008 (pre-interview 24 Jan)
- Academic Writing Skills for Research Staff - 15 Jan 2008
- Career Review Clinic - Materials (Prof Phil Withers) - 13 Dec 2007 (pre-interview 5 Dec)
- Tools, Techniques & the Researcher Project Management for Research Staff (hosted by Humanities) - 5 Dec 2007
- Building a Research Funding Portfolio (with EPS Research Office) - 22 Nov 2007